Your Home Can Save the Environment With Eco-friendly Architecture
While erecting a structure, a lot of things factor into its construction – the quality of materials to be used, the cost of the project and the legal issues are to name a few. While most of these details are looked into and scrutinized with utmost care, one of the factors tends to get neglected most of the time: their environmental impact.
Eco-friendly architecture, however rare they may be, are becoming a thing with time. As people are realizing the necessity of preserving what’s left of our environment, they are seeking more environmentally friendly solutions for everything, including the housing solutions.
What is eco-friendly architecture anyway? Well, for starters, it consists of processes and building designs that are focused on minimizing the carbon footprint during construction and also promoting means of recycling and energy efficiency. The architectural designs ensure that space is developed with careful consideration of functionality, aesthetics and environmental impact. Here are a few ways of making your home eco-friendly:
- Recycling grey water: Grey water is a term used to refer to the water that has been used to wash hands or bathing. Many designs tend to reuse the water for flushing the toilet, recycling it for the betterment of the environment.
- Purifying black water: While this is a costly proposition during construction, there are buildings around the globe that employ the use of an industrial grade water purifier, to reuse black water, removing fecal matter from it and disinfecting them for safe use. While examples of such a system are rare in Bangladesh, they certainly exist.
- Renewable power source: One of the best and the easiest solutions that can be implemented to make your building eco-friendly is solar power. In fact, the government is even enforcing the use of these in some areas of Dhaka, making it compulsory to implement one while constructing new buildings. Naturally, many developers are already incorporating them into their designs. Using the solar power to generate electricity for the building can not only reduce the load on the city’s power grid, but also minimize the carbon emission of the building.
- Incorporating greeneries: Adding more greeneries to the common spaces can increase the oxygen production and reduce heat during the hot summer. This, in turn can lead to a minimized usage of appliances such as Air Conditioners, helping the environment two-folds.
- Eco-friendly materials: Materials used during building can also assist in making the building more eco-friendly. For example, bti uses hollow concrete blocks, which is safer for the environment as well as for the construction workers because its production does not involve release of harmful substances.
bti continues to focus on its eco-friendly designs when designing a building. Employing the use of fly-ash free materials, incorporating solar panels and planting plenty of green elements in our projects, we are helping the world become a better place. The greeneries help with the beautification of the project while helping us reduce emissions, making the earth happy, as well as our customers. In fact, our latest venture, Square Feet Story, a group of talented and experienced individuals, are all in for eco-friendly designing and building.
Contact bti’s Square Feet Story today to learn more about how we can build your dream home, while helping out the environment in the process.